Rooting seems like a risky procedure, but for an attentive and consistent user, the risk is minimal. At the same time, the owner of a device with installed root rights has more options than an ordinary user. So, today you will learn how to root a phone or tablet on Android.
What is root, rooting and why root a phone or tablet?
Rooting is the extension by the user of his rights to the super user, as a result of which he has more opportunities to interact with the operating system. You get access to the system folder of the Android OS. Thanks to this, you can bypass the restrictions for the average user; run more applications, over clock the processor, reflash the phone, etc.
Also Check –How to Hack Android Games Using Cheat Engine?
Often, owners of phones and tablets set root rights in order to block annoying ads in applications get rid of viruses that anti viruses for Android OS cannot handle, and remove the useless programs installed by default. And some users rut the phone just to completely change the appearance of the operating system, to make it stylish. Also, on a rooted phone, you can effectively prohibit access to various sites.
Does the battery on your Android device run out quickly? And rooting will also help to solve this problem! Try more advanced energy-saving settings – you’ll love it!
Or maybe you want to go through a mobile game, but it is aimed at donation, and you do not intend to spend real money on virtual achievements? Well, then on a rooted device you can hack the game and add yourself gold or other resources.
Why you should not root a tablet or smart phone on Android?
Before rooting your device on Android, you should be clearly aware of all the risks that are associated with this. Note that you and only you are responsible for the negative consequences of rooting. So, these are the consequences:
If your phone or tablet is still covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, please note that rooting the device will void the warranty. However, if you backed up and created its image before rutting, then you can remove the root-rights and reflash the device, and no one can ever prove that you rutted your Android device.
Loss of performance
In simple words, your phone will turn into a “brick”. Usually this happens when users do not follow the instructions for rutting or install assemblies that are not intended for this model of Android device.
Please note that rooting can expose security holes in your smart phone or tablet. And also remember that on rooted devices Google does not support users of the Google Wallet service.
No auto update
Alas, you will have to download updates manually on the root device.
How to prepare your phone for rooting
So, you decided to make a device root. For this you will need:
- Android device (battery charge of at least 50%, especially for models running on older versions of the OS);
- USB cable for connecting to a PC (preferably original);
- Internet connection;
- Program with which rutting is performed.
There are many rooting applications at the moment, and the process of hacking the system with their help is similar. We will consider rutting using the example of KingoRoot program, because it allows you to perform an extension of rights with and without connecting to a computer, and also supports new and old versions of the Android OS. Moreover, KingoRoot provides rooting both for devices of well-known brands like Samsung and HTC, as well as for the increasingly popular Chinese smart phones Xiaomi, Meizu, etc.
However, if suddenly your device was not in the KingoRoot lists, then, acting on the algorithm described by us, you can work with other exploits, for example, with Root Master, Unlock Root, Towel root, Framaroot. The main thing is to follow the instructions from the developers of these applications.
Important! Before rutting or installing a new firmware, we strongly recommend that you backup, because data from the device’s internal memory may be lost.
Before rooting in Sony, Google Nexus and HTC phones, you need to unlock the Boot loader’s (boot loader). Without this, you will not be able to obtain super user rights. KingoRoot automatically unlocks Boot loader for some phone and tablet models, but we recommend that you do this manually for reliability. And for this you need to enable developer mode.
How to enable developer mode on Android
- Go to the device’s settings and at the bottom of the list, select “About tablet / about phone”. In the menu that opens, find the “Build Number” and tap on it 7 times.
- Returning to the “Settings”, you will find there a new menu item
- Enable USB debugging. We recommend that after rutting; disable the developer mode in this menu item.
- When connecting the android to the PC, you will see the following inscription:
- Click OK. Then you can proceed to unlock the boot loader or to root the device.
How to unlock boot loader for Sony
- Before unlocking the Boot loader, enable “USB Debugging” in “Developer Mode”.
- Download and install Sony Boot loader Unlock on your computer.
- Connect the Smart phone to the PC via the USB cable.
- Launch Sony Boot loader Unlock and enable device debugging.
- The program will automatically detect the device and install the driver. This may take several minutes. When everything is ready, the Unlock button will become clickable.
- By clicking on Unlock, run debugging and wait until the process is complete.
Unlock Boot loader on HTC
Similarly with Sony devices, HTC smart phones can be unlocked with HTC Boot loader Unlock. Download and install the application on your PC, and then follow the instructions above for Sony. Do not forget to enable debugging mode via USB!
However, there is an official way to unlock Boot loader on HTC devices, but it takes a lot of time and requires working with the Windows command line.]
How to root an Android device through a computer using KingoRoot
- Download and run KingoRoot.
- Turn on USB debugging mode on the mobile device.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet via the USB connector.
- After the KingoRoot utility starts scanning the device, enable USB debugging on the screen of your device.
- This will be followed by installing the application on your phone or tablet, which will end with the following image:
- Then a new window with the “ROOT” button will appear on the PC monitor.
- A warning will appear on the screen that the device will now be rooted, as a result of which it may be damaged. Click OK.
- Wait for the end of rutting and click on the “Finish” button.
- Congratulations! You have successfully rutted an Android device. Now you can manage application rights using the automatically installed SuperSU application.
- You can also remove root rights through KingoRoot. To do this, after connecting your device to the PC via USB, run the program and select “Remove Root”.
How to root a tablet or smart phone without a computer
If for any reason you don’t have the ability to root the device via a USB connection to a PC and then use the KingoRoot app for mobile devices. However, keep in mind that the PC application is more successful at rooting. We also recommend this method to owners of Andriod 4.1.2 and other outdated versions of this OS.
We remind you that it is advisable to backup the system before rutting.
Important! Before installing the application, go to Settings and in the “Security” section allow installation of applications from unknown sources.
- Download KingoRoot.apk from the developer’s site.
- Go to the “Downloads” folder.
- Tap on the KingoRoot.apk file and wait for the installation to complete.
- Launch the KingoRoot app and start rooting.
- The rooting progress will be displayed on the screen.
- Done! Your device has been successfully rutted!